Membership of the RPS offers a variety of benefits:
- You and your employer both pay into your pension pot
- Your pension contributions are tax-efficient - they’re taken from your gross salary before you pay income tax
- You can top up your retirement fund with Additional Voluntary Contributions
- You’ll get a pension for life and possibly a lump sum, which is currently payable tax-free, when you retire
- Your beneficiaries could get a lump-sum payment if you die in service. Log in to your myRPS account (or register) to nominate. It only takes five minutes!
- Pensions could be paid to spouses, partners or children.
Every year, we’ll send you an estimate of your pension which tells you the essential things you’ll want to know – like how much you might expect to receive in your retirement.
You can also find a copy of your estimates when you log into (or register for) your myRPS account.